Deluxe Speedibin Composter
Deluxe Speedibin Composter
Our flagship composter, the Deluxe model features a hinged lid for convenient addition of materials.
Based on the Classic Speedibin, the lid of the Deluxe model is hinged for even easier access. The support arm allows the lid to be held open at about 75 degrees for a quick addition of scraps or at a second position fully open, making it easy to turn or fork over. Other features are the same as the Classic Composter.
- All metal construction prevents animals from chewing in.
- A metal screen on the bottom prevents animals from tunneling in.
- The large lid allows easy access for mixing or adding materials, and then latches closed to preclude raccoons and dogs.
- The front door slides up for easy removal of compost.
- Assembly is simple and quick with stainless bolts and wingnuts.
- A lock-nut secures the lid hinge support.
- In this new 2021 model, there are two full hinges that attach the lid to the back with stainless bolts and wingnuts.
- Assembled dimensions are 31 x 29.5 x 27.5 inches (79 x 75 x 70 cm).
- Capacity is 107 US gallons (405 litres).
- Includes a comprehensive 16 page Composting Handbook.
- Made of 24 gauge powder-coated galvanized metal for durability. New powder coat is a hammered finish and scratch resistant.
- Best in industry 10-year warranty!
- Made in Canada at Cobotix Manufacturing in Port Coquitlam, BC.
- Designed by avid gardeners and compost enthusiasts to be the ideal compost bin.
- $445 Can$.
Shipping is by courier using the Freightcom platform. The rate can be calculated when you add an item to the cart and then view the cart. There will be a list of many couriers but from what we have observed, there is no advantage in choosing a more expensive one. To Vancouver Island and the lower mainland, rates are typically $25 to 35. Across Canada, it is more like $45 to 60. To the US, rates are typically $65 to 90. All the panels cleverly fit into the lid for shipping. Shipping weight is 45 lbs (20 kg). Or if you live anywhere near the Comox Valley, you are welcome to pick up a bin from us in Merville. Chose "Local Pickup in Comox Valley BC (By Appointment) at $0.00 CAD". We can assemble it for you, too, and show you how we use our bin. Email or phone first so we stay here and don't wander off.
The Deluxe and Classic Speedibins are ideal for home composting. If you need a composter for a school or community garden, we recommend the Scholar Speedibin as they are tougher.
"Backyard composting is arguably the single most effective activity individuals can do to help the environment." It is the most cost effective solution to organic waste. Compost adds essential nutrients to the soil, which feeds plants. Now with the Speedibin, composting is a safe, easy and fun way to feed the soil!