Deluxe Speedibin Composter
Deluxe Speedibin Composter
Our flagship composter, the Deluxe model features a hinged lid for convenient addition of materials.
Based on the Classic Speedibin, the lid of the Deluxe model is hinged for easy access. The support arm allows the lid to be held open at about 75 degrees for a quick addition of scraps or at a second position fully open, making it easy to turn or fork over.
- Designed by avid gardeners and compost enthusiasts to be the ideal compost bin.
- All metal construction prevents animals from chewing in.
- A bottom screen prevents animals from tunneling in, made of sheet aluminum with 1/4 inch perforations to allow water, worms and microbes to transfer.
- The large lid allows easy access for mixing or adding materials, and then latches closed to preclude raccoons and dogs.
- The front door slides up for easy removal of compost.
- Assembly is simple and quick with stainless bolts and wingnuts.
- A lock-nut secures the lid hinge support.
- There are two full hinges that attach the lid to the back with stainless bolts and wingnuts.
- Assembled dimensions are 31 x 29.5 x 27.5 inches (79 x 75 x 70 cm).
- Capacity is 107 US gallons (405 litres).
- Shipping weight 48 lbs (22 kg).
- Includes a comprehensive 16 page Composting Handbook.
- Made of 24 gauge powder-coated galvanized metal for durability. Powder coat is a hammered finish and scratch resistant.
- Best in industry 10-year warranty!
- Made in Canada at Wesgar in Port Coquitlam, BC.
- $599 Can$.
Shipping is by courier using the Freightcom platform. The rate can be calculated when you add an item to the cart and then view the cart. There will be a list of many couriers but from what we have observed, there is no advantage in choosing a more expensive one. To Vancouver Island and the lower mainland, rates are typically $25 to 35. Across Canada, it is more like $45 to 60. To the US, rates are typically $65 to 90. All the panels cleverly fit into the lid for shipping. Shipping weight is 48 lbs (21 kg).
If you live anywhere near the Comox Valley, you are welcome to pick up a bin from us in Merville. Chose "Local Pickup in Comox Valley BC (By Appointment) at $0.00 CAD". We can assemble it for you, too, and show you how we use our bin. Email or phone first so we stay here and don't wander off.
The Deluxe and Classic Speedibins are ideal for home composting. If you need a composter for a school or community garden, we recommend the Scholar Speedibin as they are tougher to withstand kids leaping on them. However they probably won't last as long since the cedar will eventually rot. Scholar Speedibins last about 15 years, as opposed to the all-metal Deluxe and Classic bins which last 25 or 30 years. The Classic bin is identical to the Deluxe bin except that the Deluxe bin has a hinged lid. A lot of our customers found the lid a little awkward, which is why we made the Deluxe bin where the lid is attached. If you want a bin that is super easy to use, get the Deluxe. If you are athletic and want to save, get the Classic. We're always learning!
"Backyard composting is arguably the single most effective activity individuals can do to help the environment." It is the most cost effective solution to organic waste. Compost adds essential nutrients to the soil, which feeds plants. Now with the Speedibin, composting is a safe, easy and fun way to feed the soil!